Search This Blog

Friday, March 4, 2011

Afghan Adjustments?

First of all - I am absolutely thrilled at having found your website!  I adore hardanger and your designs are so lovely - I look forward to doing many of them.
 
I have "The Christmas Quilt", number 144 and would like your advice on doing it as an afgan, please.  I was hoping too; but, the smallest weave I have been able to find is 18.  Do you have any suggestions?
 
Thank you.
 
debbie

Hello Debbie!  So glad you found the website!  I have enjoyed stitching Hardanger on 18 count afghan fabric.  It works up quickly and the result is stunning!  You will just need to adjust the size of Pearl Cotton....Use 3 and 5  or for more delicate appearing use 5 and 8.  I have even used the fabric fiber (pulled from the outside edge of the fabric) for the Klosters.  I show designs on 18 count afghan fabric in #96 Embellishments, #100 Linen Potpourri, and #119 Dreams.  If you want to stitch it on a smaller weave you will need to persuade your favorite shopowner to order yardage of something like Lugana.
Best wishes, Emie


Thank you so much for your prompt reply : - )
 
I typically use 28 or 32 count for my hardanger designs (I order my fabric from Nordic Needle) - but, am I understanding you correctly - do you think that I could get a nice result using an 18 count?  I'm hoping to make it into an afghan, so....wish me luck!
 
Blessings.
 
debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment