Search This Blog

Thursday, June 9, 2011

HOMEWARD BOUND



I just purchased this pattern (it's BEAUTIFUL!) but already I'm at a loss.  I do not see in the instructions where it tells what stitch/color/etc was used for the birds flying in formation.  I cannot find that symbol in the instructions.  Please advise.    

Penny,
The symbol used for the Southbound flying geese is color # 844 Beaver Gray U Dk.  It is stitched with a single strand worked over a single fabric thread.  The position of the fabric thread to be stitched is shown by the position of the symbol in the square (of the four fabric threads it is the upper right one).   Unfortunately the printing process reduced the symbol making it hard to tell what it is without a magnifying glass.  See Upper Section Instruction #2 on p2 and #3 on p. 3. 
Fall is such a glorious time of the year. I hope you will enjoy your finished sampler! 
Best wishes,   Emie 


Response:
I did find the instructions for stitching...just not the color, altho I was going with the UDark Beaver gray!!!  Thanks for responding.  I can't WAIT to get started.  This is a beautiful design.  I'm new to specialty sts & Hardanger, but a million or more counted cross stitches under my belt!!!  I am LOVING every minute!  Fall is my favorite (and I live in the desert!  But grew up in Michigan so I know how gorgeous it is!!!)  Thanks again.  I hope you are going to design all four seasons in this series?!?!?!  Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment